Nov 10 2011
1. Include your main keyword in the URL of your domain name. Example: If
your business sells green tea, make your blog “greentea.com”
2. Customize your blog’s appearance. Choose the appropriate colour theme. If
your blog is about green tea, don’t make your blog orange. Add pictures,
Photos and videos.
3. Use plug-ins to maximize exposure.
4. Link out to your site, and to other relevant sites.
5. The title for each page should include your main keyword near the beginning
and must not be more than 9 words.
6. Do NOT repeat the title in the description. Use primary and variation
keywords. Make it 15 – 20 words long.
7. Add tags to your post. Tags are keywords. Use no more than 8 in total and
separate them with a comma.
8. Ping your blog.
9. Add social bookmarking buttons (Digg, Del.icio.us, Reddit etc) to each page,
so that others can bookmark you.
10. Add the RSS feature to your blog pages and ‘encourage’ your visitors to
11. Don’t let your blog die! Post regularly.
12. Don’t bore your visitors and subscribers or they will leave.
13. Make moderate comments and interact with people.
14. Submit articles, use social bookmarking, social news and link baiting to get
more links to make your blog an authority.
15. Create a database of subscribers, using opt-in and capture forms on every
16. Explain to the visitor what an RSS feed is
17. Sell your RSS feed by email – offer them an incentive
18. Package your feeds according to categories and only send them to the
appropriate RSS subscribers. This applies if you have more types of
subscribers, like media, customers, business associates, potential
19. Create personal pages on a ‘ton’ of social sites
20. Spread your content on as many sites as possible, creating more exposure.
21. For each page, create a powerful call to action, keyword rich paragraph, about
1/10 of the size of a normal sized article.
22. Create a spicy title. Include your main keyword in and it needs to be really
23. Bookmark your pages, using multiple social bookmarking accounts. Randomly
bookmark each page using different accounts.
24. Use social networking to get more links (blogs, communities, groups and
25. Build relationships with ‘players’ in your field.
26. Use trackbacks, link to their sites, post savvy comments on their blogs. After
you get their attention, you will be one step away from recruiting them for
your JV efforts.
27. Build professional visibility – never let yourself be regarded as a spammer.
Your contribution must be quality and in quantity. If you must sacrifice one of
those two characteristics, always sacrifice quantity.
28. Persist! Gain constant presence on social sites. Perform constant
maintenance of personalized pages, and keep commenting and posting.
29. If you notice that some of your social pages are not “working”, drop them and
focus on the efficient ones
Make your social bookmarking icons appear visible on each page
30. Make it easy for your visitors to bookmark your site
31. Add as many ‘related’ friends as possible
32. Bookmark each of your stories AND other interesting stories so you wont
appear as a spammer
33. Don’t ever spam or your built up account can get shut down
34. Regardless of which social bookmarking sites you use, set up multiple
accounts, for multiple bookmarking.
35. It’s easier to get bookmarked by other people if they see the site has already
been bookmarked several times.
36. Bookmarking only your sites is a BIG mistake.
37. Use automatic bookmarking sparingly, use sites like Socialmarker.com
Make sure you create high quality and call to action videos. You will get fewer
visitors to your sites if you don’t subtly push the viewers towards your site.
38. Create your accounts on at least 10 major video sharing sites.
39. Take full advantage of the profile customization options each site offers. For
instance, on YouTube, it’s a good idea to make your own video channel, so you
can keep all your videos in one place.
40. Always include your main website’s URL in the description.
41. Search engines can’t crawl a video yet – use this to your advantage. When
submitting your video, always use your titles, tags (keywords) and
descriptions to tell the search engines what the video is about.
42. When submitting to multiple sites, alter the titles, descriptions and tags of the
same video every time (that means you can use more keywords to describe the
same video. This means you could also rank well for many different keywords
for the same video.
43. Once videos are submitted, use social bookmarking accounts to bookmark
44. Spend at least ½ hour per day keeping up with posted comments,
commenting, voting, bulletins, chats, etc.
45. Use automatic video submission sparingly, sites like TubeMogul.com
46. A video with many views will rank higher. That means you have to do
everything in your power to get more views:
47. Post comments on niche-related blogs and forums, adding a
link to your video
48. If you have a strong MySpace or Hi5 profile, consider
embedding the video to your profile page, and set it to
autoplay whenever somebody checks out your profile. These
will count as views on the video sharing site
49. Look for very popular videos that are related to your niche
(you will find videos with millions of views), and post your
own video as a video response
50. Your audio content needs to be recorded in high quality. If the quality is low
you will lose listeners.
51. Keep your audience in mind when plotting the “feel” of the recording. If your
target audience is males between 18 and 24 for example, you will probably
want to have a pleasant woman’s voice to record your content.
52. Keep the recording interesting and ensure you don’t bore the listener.
53. Include quality content in your recordings.
54. Title should include your main keyword near the beginning.
55. Do NOT repeat the title in the description. Use primary and variation
keywords and a call to action for them to open and listen to you audio.
56. Add keywords, use no more than 8 in total and separate them with a comma.
57. Submit to the right category.
58. Add a call to action, or offer them bonuses or free prizes for signing up.
59. Use RSS feeds to grow awareness of your audio content
60. Bookmark your pages with audio content
61. Use auto submission tools like http://podsubmitter.com
62. Join groups that are relevant to your niche. To search for appropriate groups,
google “keyword(s) + groups”
63. Be active and get involved in the community
64. Ask questions, comment and start your own
65. Allow yourself two weeks to adjust to the groups, and “blend in”
66. Establish yourself as an expert in your field, yet show your great personality.
67. People like personality and will want more from you
68. Use common sense when interacting with others, and always follow the rules
for each group
69. Signatures lines are important: your signature must reflect your business with a call to action.
70. Create different signature lines for each group
71. NEVER spam!
72. After you become an established member of a group, you can start making
reference to products or service you offer.
73. Never advertise blatantly